UPDATED – March 23, 2020
I have moved temporarily to phone or video consults only and will not be seeing patients in the clinic. For more information about clinic plans please see this newsletter.
You can still book online, by phone or by email. If you book online, please check if you are booking a phone or video consult – there are options for both. For more information about video consults click here.
Information from the BC Center for Disease Control can be found here.
Brene Brown just released a new podcast. Good listening while you are staying at home.
Welcome to the naturopathic medical practice of Dr. Karina Wickland. This website is intended to be a resource for new and current patients to learn more about who I am and what I do. My clinic is in Valleyview Centre in the Cowichan Valley. Ten minutes south of Duncan, Valleyview is at the crossroads between Cobble Hill and Cowichan Bay, just off the Island Highway. I have a general family practice and see people of all ages. I have extra training in several areas including:
- Diabetes and insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome – comprehensive management including diet, lifestyle and prescription medication
- Alzheimer’s prevention and treatment with the Bredesen Protocol
- Preconception, pregnancy and pediatrics
- Hormonal concerns – PMS, perimenopause, menopause, andropause, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and adrenal issues
- Depression, anxiety and chronic fatigue
- Digestive issues including ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, IBS and SIBO
- Detoxification – using diet, herbal medicines, drainage remedies and chelation agents for heavy metals
- Acute and chronic pain – using dietary changes, herbal and neutraceutical supplements and Bowen technique
You can learn more about my general approach to commonly treated conditions here.